Here’s a telltale sign. If your home was built before 1980, that automatically makes you one of the 77 million Americans whose homes are insufficiently insulated, if they are insulated at all. Prior to 1980, there were no building codes for insulation minimums. And even if your home was built after 1980, the standards for insulation have consistently changed over the years. The required insulation decades ago may not meet code today, which means it would be worth doing an insulation inspection.
Here are some of the most common indicators it may be time to re-insulate.
- Energy bills are higher than expected
- Home doesn’t feel comfortable
- AC/Furnace is constantly running
- Inconsistent temperatures between rooms
- Uneven temperatures on different levels
- Thermostat needs constant adjusting
- Was the home built before 1980
Benefits of Re-Insulation
Reap the rewards of reinsulating your space today!
- Lower utility bills
- Improved comfort and air quality
- Consistent temperatures between rooms and floors
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Reduce wear on AC and Furnace
- Reduce unwanted outside noises